Thunder Brook Dam Removal, Chesire, Massachusetts
This project seeks to restore natural riverine functions and values to Thunder Brook, a tributary to the South Branch of the Hoosic River. In its current condition, an aging dam and failing culvert fragment this valuable coldwater stream and prevent fish passage between the Hoosic and the high quality headwaters of Thunder Brook on Mount Greylock. This project will remove 2 fish passage barriers and open 2.4 miles of stream for brook trout passage. The project will also re-establish the river's natural flow regime, improve sediment dynamics and water quality, and restore natural clean gravel and cobble necessary for brook trout and other species of interest.
- Application for Thunder Brook Dam Removal, Massachusetts
- Application for the Thunder Brook Dam Removal Project in Massachusetts
- Photo Release Form for Thunder Brook Dam Removal, Massachusetts
- Photo release form for Thunder Brook Dam Removal in Massachusetts.
- State Support Letter for Thunder Brook Dam Removal, Massachusetts
- State support letter for Thunder Brook Dam Removal in Massachusetts.